This is just another quilt in my big box of unfinished quilt tops. This one took quite a while to get quilted. Not only did I do a lot of quilting on it, but I put it aside while I worked on “My Flower Garden.”
I put a lot of thought into how I would quilt this. I did a camellia-type flower in the center of each block, and then surrounded that with some straight line quilting.
I did this pattern of swirls and hearts over all the rest of the center of the quilt.
And finally finished the border with feathers. I LOVE the fabric in this border.
I used muslin for the back. You can see the quilting pattern a lot better on it.
But the thing I learned (again) is that when a quilt top is so full of busy prints, it doesn’t really matter how you quilt it–it just looks like generalized quilting after you wash it! (all these pictures were taken pre-washing.)